What Has Bill Accomplished
2) Held the line for Herndon Tax Payers by voting "NO" against additional tax increases and "YES" to UNCHANGED TAX RATE for 8th consecutive year!
4) Continue to build on the Herndon Master Plan, Giving Us a Road Map to Multimodal transportation option
5) Architect of the Herndon Youth Advisor Council, a committee created by town council resolution in 2017 to be an advocacy group for issues facing the youth of our community.
7) Worked with Council to select new Town Manager, assuring seamless transition for residents and staff.
8) With my knowledge of institutional investing and benefits packages, I worked with mayor, Town Manager and staff to review retirement packages available, saving thousands of taxpayer dollars and increasing incentives to take advantage of those packages, reducing overall costs
9) Worked to continue to build bridges and communication with the Town, Board of Supervisors and Fairfax County Public Schools
10) Continued the work of the mayor, current and previous councils to make government more inclusive with my YouTube Page, Facebook Page, making myself available to speak to through my daily walks through town and responding to every email and call a resident sends my way
Bill smiles for the camera for his first Public Council Session January 10, 2017
2017 Cy Young Award Winner Max Scherzer spends a Saturday morning at Haley M. Smith Park sponsored by The Optimist Club of Herndon and Washington Nationals
Councilmember McKenna Participates in National Night Out in Herndon
Dranesville Supervisor John Foust takes a moment to pose with Councilperson Bill McKenna and Vice Chair of the Fairfax County Housing Authority, Melissa Jonas at the annual Valentine's Day Tea and Chocolate Fundraiser held at ArtsSpace in Herndon for Herndon Village Network, an organization which gives rides to seniors so they can live independent lives. Bill is currently on the Board of Directors.